Chili roasted pumpkin, peanut, rice and quinoa salad
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Arrange the pumpkin on a large baking tray in a single layer. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil, maple syrup, chili flakes and spice blend. Drizzle over pumpkin, turn to coat. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Scatter the peanuts and pumpkin seeds onto a baking tray. Put into the oven under the pumpkin for 7-10 minutes until warmed through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the rice and quinoa following the absorption method on the packet. Whisk remaining oil, lemon rind and juice in a large bowl. Season. Add the warm rice and quinoa and currants to the dressing, stir to combine. Just before serving stir in the parsley.
- Arrange the pumpkin onto large platter or board. Spoon over the rice mixture, scatter over the peanuts and pumpkin seeds. Season. Serve with lemon wedges.
- TIP: you can replace the rice and quinoa mix with 1 cup brown rice.