Peanut Banana Loaf
Queensland's two great food icons, peanuts and bananas, mix together perfectly in this delicious loaf. Serve sliced with butter!
- Preheat oven 160°C fan forced. Grease a 14cm x 24cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg, beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in banana.
- Add flour and milk, in two batches, stirring until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Lift out onto a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar. Slice and serve warm or cold spread with butter or reduced fat cream cheese.
- TIP: Two bananas should give you ¾ cup mashed banana)