Peanut & cocoa protein balls
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Scatter the peanuts over a baking tray. Roast 20-25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, tear the dates in half, discard the seeds. Place the dates in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain well. Cool.
- Place the peanuts in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Remove ½ cup to a tray. Add the dates, cocoa powder, peanut butter, honey, coconut, quinoa flakes and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Pulse until mixture comes together. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir remaining sesame seeds into the ½ cup reserved peanuts, spread onto a tray. Using wet hands roll chocolate date mixture into balls then roll lightly in peanut sesame mixture. Put into an air tight container and refrigerate until firm.
- TIP: You can replace the blanched peanuts with roasted salted or unsalted peanuts.