Lemon oil tea cake
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Grease a 8 cup bundt tin.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, caster sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on high speed for 3 minutes or until pale and thick. Stir in oil, lemon rind and milk.
- Sift the flour over the egg mixture. Stir gently until combined. Pour into the cake pan. Bake for 35-38 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in the cake pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn onto a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to form a thick drizzly icing. Spoon over the
cake, sprinkle over the peanuts. Serve.
- TIP: If you don’t have a bundt tin, grease and line base 23cm springform pan. Pour 3cm water into a well-greased, straight sided heatproof glass or cup. Stand in the centre of the pan. Check the cooking after 30 minutes.