Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Preheat oven 160°C fan forced. Grease base and sides a 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Add flour and milk, in two batches, stirring until combined. Spoon half the cake batter into another bowl.
- Stir cooled chocolate into one bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the two cake batters, alternately over the base of the pan. Using a knife to swirl mixtures to create a marbled effect. Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- For icing, combine all ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.