Pulled Pork with Chipotle peanut slaw
- To make the pulled pork: Preheat oven 130°C fan forced. Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole dish over medium- high heat. Add pork. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over. Remove pork to a plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the remaining oil to same dish with onion, and seasoning mix. Cook, 3 minutes, stirring, until soft. Return pork to pan with salsa and water. Bring to simmer. Press piece baking paper onto the surface of the pork. Cover with lid. Transfer to oven. Cook for 4 hours. Set aside 15 minutes. Remove the pork to a tray, shred into pieces using 2 forks. Transfer pork to a clean bowl, stir in 1 cup of cooking liquid (see tip below).
- To make the chipotle peanut slaw; Chop the chilli in adobe sauce, spoon into a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, remove ¼ cup to a small bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot and peanuts. Stir to coat.
- Cut the rolls down the centre, spread both sides with reserved chipotle mayonnaise. Fill with pork and slaw. Scatter over coriander and peanuts to serve.
- TIP: If you serving the pork in rolls or wrapped in tortillas 1 cup cooking liquid is enough. Alternately to serve as pulled pork in bowls over rice topped with slaw, stir all the cooking liquid and pulled pork together.